Federal Reports on Sustainable development are published every two to three years. They present assessments of the situation, strategy and policies, as well as scenarios for 2050. They propose transversal tools to implement the commitments made by Belgium since the Rio Conference in 1992.
- Achieving sustainable development objectives - Federal Report 2017
Review of the gap between existing scenarios and the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Innovation: translation of the SDG for federal Belgium.
- Making our consumption and production sustainable - Federal Report 2015
Proposal of two scenarios, SET-Consumption and SET-Production, leading to a sustainably developing society by 2050.
Innovation: first assessment of progress towards the objectives of the federal strategic long-term vision of sustainable development.
- Twenty Years of Political Commitment to Sustainable Development? Federal Report 2011
Balance of 20 years sustainable development strategy in Belgium.
Innovations: table of 25 key indicators and evaluation of 11 themes illustrated by 11 case studies of policies carried to reach "Sustainable Development Goals" (SDGs).
- Sustainable development indicators, objectives and visions – Federal Report 2009
Balance of a table of 88 sustainable development indicators (SDI) and investigation of the synergies between very long term visions.
Innovation: assessment of the distance to target between the SDIs and the political goals of sustainable development.
- Accelerate the transition to a sustainable development – Federal Report 2007
Proposal of two scenarios, Pyramid and Mosaic, reaching ambitious SDGs by 2050.
Innovations: methodological study and implementation of a participatory foresight exercise regarding sustainable development.
- Understanding and managing development – Federal Report 2005
Analysis of the governance through the Federal Plan for sustainable development 2000-2004 and the federal sector-specific plans.
Innovations: systemic approach of the TransGovern model, definition of SDG coming from international commitments and first table of SDI.
- A step towards sustainable development? – Federal Report 2002
Study of 10 sustainable development issues coming within the federal competencies.
Innovation: analysis of the political decision process and of multi-levels goals regarding sustainable development.
- Towards sustainable development? - Federal Report 1999
Balance of 5 years of federal policy (1992-1997) confronted to the Rio 1992 commitments.
Innovation: definition of sustainable development rooted in 5 cross-cutting principles from de Rio Declaration.
The federal reports fulfil two missions: assessment and very long-term foresight study:
- Assessment of the existing situation and of the policies carried out to achieve the goals defined in the long-term vision;
- A foresight study describing alternative scenarios of sustainable development to reach the goals of the long-term vision while taking into account the developing trends in Europe and the world.
The federal reports set out a systemic vision of the sustainable development policy and of the transition challenges. To this purpose, they develop:
- the TransAccount model, an accounting model which allows to quantify some elements of the sustainable development scenarios;
- the TransGovern model, a global systemic model which links the driving forces to the development capitals on which they exert pressure;
- the website Indicators of sustainable development which presents sixteen themes using 75 indicators, interconnected by the TransGovern-model.
The last five press releases [More]
- Faire du développement durable une priorité politique
Van duurzame ontwikkeling een beleidsprioriteit maken25/06/2019
- De duurzame-ontwikkelingsdoelstellingen concretiseren
Concrétiser les objectifs de développement durable19/12/2017
- Deux scénarios pour rendre nos consommations et nos productions soutenables
Twee scenario’s om onze consumptie en productie houdbaar te maken02/04/2015
- Développement durable: 20 ans d'engagement politique?
Twintig jaar politiek engagement voor duurzame ontwikkeling?15/02/2012
- Indicateurs, objectifs et visions de développement durable
Indicatoren, doelstellingen en visies van duurzame ontwikkeling26/10/2009
The last five databases [More]
- No records
The last five publications [More]
- Which priority for a sustainable development ? - Federal Report on Sustainable Development 25/06/2019
- Concrétiser les objectifs mondiaux de développement durable - Rapport fédéral sur le développement durable 2017
De mondiale duurzameontwikkelingsdoelstellingen concretiseren - Federaal rapport inzake duurzame ontwikkeling 2017 19/12/2017
- Federal report on sustainable development 2015 - Making our consumption and production sustainable 25/03/2015
- Twenty Years of Political Commitment to Sustainable Development? Federal Report on Sustainable Development 2011 15/02/2012
- Sustainable Development Indicators, Objectives ans Visions - Belgian Federal Report 2009 - Folder 26/10/2009