The Federal Planning Bureau is committed to actively participate in efforts to preserve a viable and sound environment. By doing so, it wishes to stress the exemplary role of a public agency and hopes to persuade its own staff and other public services, organizations and enterprises to pursue an environmental policy.
To achieve this objective, the Federal Planning Bureau takes part in two environmental management schemes. Since 2002, the Federal Planning has been awarded the "ecodynamic enterprise" label by the Brussels-Capital Region (2 stars between 2002 and 2008 and 3 stars since 2008) and since 2006, it has also been registered in the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme of the European Union.
The Federal Planning Bureau, tenant of an office building located at 47-49 avenue des Arts in Brussels (B-1000), commits to further improve (reduce) its positive (negative) impact on the environment. For that purpose, it will engage in a continued dialogue with the building owner.
To achieve these continued enhancements, the Federal Planning Bureau will not only look into its environmental performance but also try to identify the underlying sources of its environmental impact.
Over the next three years, the Federal Planning Bureau will more specifically concentrate its efforts on eight fields of action:
- reduce pollution (CO2, other pollution, congestion) caused by the use of individual motorised modes of transport,
- encourage the reduction of paper consumption,
- reduction of energy consumption (low and high voltage electricity, fuel oil),
- limit water consumption,
- continue to offer sustainable alternatives for office equipment,
- increase recycling and reduce waste generation,
- continue to limit the use of hazardous/irritating and unsustainable cleaning products at the FPB,
- better collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The Federal Planning Bureau will also stay informed on relevant environmental legislation adopted by the Regions, the federal state and the European Union. It will anticipate and respect it.