At the request of the Federal Public Service Mobility and Transport, the FPB has developed a database comprising transport and mobility indicators. This database, which is regularly updated, provides detailed information about the state and evolution of transport and mobility in Belgium. The indicators are structured according to six themes:
- the transport sector;
- households and transport;
- transport infrastructure;
- vehicle fleet and transport equipment;
- traffic and transport;
- the impact of transport activities.
The database’s aim goes beyond a simple centralisation of transport data; it also documents the collected information. Beside the data, it also provides information on (i) the method applied, (ii) the source, (iii) the definition and (iv) the quality of the data.
Some indicators are the pure reflection of data which are available at a particular place. Others are the combination of data taken from different sources. Still others allow for the comparison of different sources.
Methodological changes in the data collection may cause breaks in time-series. The FPB has given precedence to methodological coherence over data quantity. Therefore, the availability of time-series is limited for some indicators. Nevertheless, the FPB intends to enlarge and complete specific series in the future.
The macroeconomic indicators trace the evolution of economic activity in the transport sector.
The indicators concerning household demand for transport services comprise two elements: final consumption of transport and fiscal matters.
The transport infrastructure indicators show the state and evolution of transport infrastructure in Belgium.
The indicators linked to the fleet of vehicles and to transport equipment describe the composition of the population as well as its evolution over time.
The indicators for traffic and transport in Belgium make a distinction between road, rail, inland waterways, maritime and air transport on the one hand, and between passenger transport and goods transport on the other hand.
Finally, the indicators linked to the impact of transport activities comprise statistics for air pollutant emissions and road safety.
The database for mobility and transport indicators is developed in close collaboration with the Federal Public Service Mobility and Transport (www.mobilit.belgium.be).
The last five press releases [More]
- Le transport : troisième poste de dépenses des ménages en Belgique
Transport: derde grootste uitgavenpost van de Belgische gezinnen20/04/2017
- Transport emissions – Historic evolution and outlook06/10/2009
- Près de 200 indicateurs donnent une vision globale des transports et de la mobilité en Belgique
Bijna 200 indicatoren geven een globaal beeld van de mobiliteit en het transport in België27/11/2007
The last five databases [More]
- Transport database 07/02/2018
The last five publications [More]
- Les ménages et leurs dépenses de transport - Analyse thématique 31/03/2017
- Dépenses des ménages et transport - Analyse thématique 26/02/2014
- Vervoeremissies - Historische evolutie en vooruitzichten 15/07/2009
- Hervorming van de spoorwegsector in België. Lessen uit Groot-Brittannië, Duitsland en Zweden. 01/06/2005